Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, March 20, 2015

Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2015



Hello everyone!

I am so pleased to have the amazing opportunity to audition for the 2015 Graphic 45 design team. For many of you who know me you know that there is a special place in my heart for the Graphic 45 family.

We were asked to show several projects that represent our design style.  It is always such a hard question for me to answer because I am not quite sure that I have one particular style. I like a little bit of everything but in the end I want everything to be pretty with an elegant touch.  I will be sharing some of my favorite Graphic 45 projects from the past as well as several new designs.  Let's get started.....


1.  "Beautiful" - Layout

This layout was created using the "Botanical Tea" collection by Graphic 45.  I cut and inked several images from this beautiful collection to use as embellishments.  I also used the coordinating chipboard and tags and pockets sheets to bring more dimensional elements to my page.  



2.  "Springtime" - ATC

I wanted to give this ATC a different shape and feel.  Yes, I broke some ATC rules, but oh how fun!  I used the "Once Upon a Springtime" collection from Graphic 45.  I also added chipboard which I altered by applying crackle paint, ink and glaze.  I finished the design with two small flowers for added dimension.




3.  Christmas Emporium - Card

I have many favorite cards that I have created over the years but this is by far my fave!  The gorgeous images of Santa and Christmas goodness inspired this design.  I used a stair step card base to create 3-D layering and movement.



Here is a detailed photo of the card opened.  This really shows the 3-D movement I mentioned.



4.  "Birdsong" - Altered Boxes

Who doesn't love the "Birdsong" collection from Graphic 45?  I loved, loved, loved the two birds that I featured and I created the design of this tiered storage box just for them.  After all, birds should have a pretty place to hang out.  



5.  "You" - Layout

Here's more beautiful "Botanical Tea" goodness featuring a stenciled background.  I used a pink spray ink along with a honeycomb patterned stencil to create a custom background for my page.  I then added lots of pretty layers of fussy cut flowers, butterflies, birds, bees and that fabulous tea pot. 



Here is a close up of that fabulous G45 teapot.  I added a bow just for fun.



6.  Springtime Birdhouse

This is one of my earlier altered pieces which still makes me smile.  The design is clean and simple while showing the pure beauty of the "Once Upon a Springtime" collection.



 7.  "For You" - Card

I love the new "Artisan Style" collection as it is truly a fussy cutters dream!   I love using unique card bases and here I used a front stair step base.  I fussy cut flowers and layered them at the base of the card.  I used embellishments from the tags and pockets sheet as well as the chipboard sheet.  I stamped a sentiment on my chipboard tag and adhered it to the top corner of the card.  Of course I had to add a few flowers around the tag to finish the design.




8. "The Clock"  

One of my most beloved treasures is affectionately know as "The Clock."  I have not let this one out of my sight since first designing it using the "Olde Curiosity Shoppe" collection.


9.  "Sunshine" - Card

I love how just a few simple elements can create such a lovely design.  This is a light and airy card I made using the "Secret Garden" collection.  


10. "Steampunk Spells" - Altered Box

This is an altered 12x12 Graphic 45 kraft box.  I painted the box black and added feet so it could be elevated.  I love using fan fold techniques with paper so I decided to place a large double fan in the top corner and adorn it with flowers and feathers.


11.  "Oh So Sweet" - Altered Metal Frame

I just love the "Sweet Sentiments" collection.  The images are just lovely.  I used tons of layering, painting and fussy cutting to give my project just the special touch that it needed.  I added pearls to the flower centers and mixed 3-D flowers along with those cut from the papers. Inside of the frame I used a water distress technique to create a drape using paper. To finish my design I added highlights using white chalk ink and small touches of glitter.

Here is a detailed look at the pretty little touches.  


12.  "Josephine" - Layout

One of the reasons I was drawn to Graphic 45 was my love of vintage papers.  The images call out to me in such a way that no other papers have done.  What better collection than "Couture" could capture the beauty of Ms. Josephine Baker?...None!   I couldn't resist fussy cutting and using my beloved circle cutter to create lovely layers to frame Ms. Baker.  The letters from the alphabet sticker sheet were absolutely perfect.   


Oh no! We are at the end of this fun journey.  I think these projects truly represent my style and love of Graphic 45 goodies.  It is such a pleasure to create with Graphic 45 and I hope you enjoyed your visit with me today.

Here is a video with some of my favorite Graphic 45 projects from the past.  Enjoy!





25 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Robin-you're the best! Especially love the card with the fan.

luv46kdz said...

Hello Robin :) new follower, and I must say, you are amazing! I'm here scratching my head wondering how I've not seen your work before, you are fantastic. You will be a new dt member for sure, in the meantime I'm gonna poke around here soaking up some inspo :)

Much luck,
Paula

Tenia Nelson said...

WOW!! That is all. Just LURVE ALL of it!!!

Kathy Grigas said...

AMAZING Robin - Love every one of your creations. Best of luck - You would make a wonderful addition to the Graphic 45 team.

Lori said...

Your work is wonderful...just when I thought I found my favorite project I would scroll down and see another I loved more. Very talented young lady and the best of luck to you.

Lisa aka Raining said...

So glad to see you back Robin! You know you have always been one of my favorite scrappers! xo

Karan Gerber said...

Robin it is so nice to see you back creating, i have missed seeing your beautiful work. These projects are stunning and I wish you the best with the call!

LM Friday said...

Simply lovely! I was wondering if you did all of these traditional or were part of them digital? Thanks

g45papers said...

Hello Robin. Your work is breathtaking and continues to inspire. Thank you for auditioning for the G45 DT. Happy Papercrafting! -Charee & Joanna

Arielle Berceau said...

Oh Robin I have missed you!!! Your work is fabulous, you are perfect for Graphic 45!!!

Elena Astafeva said...

Вау!!!!!восхитительно!!!!!желаю удачи!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin Berry said...

Love your work, I too will be following your work .It is lovely.

Erica said...

Robin, I have missed your beautiful work! Congrats on making the Top 25 and good luck my friend! :)

Brenshevia Baker said...

Awesome projects so glad to have you back on the scene!

traci said...

Have loved your beautiful creations for a long time glad to see you back. Good luck!!

Martie Rollin said...

Your card style is just so beautiful. Sure hope G45 selects you to be on their DT!

Susie Bentz said...

Robin - So happy to see you designing again! This post has some beautiful new projects and some of my favorites from the past. Congrats on making the finalists and I fully expect to see you on the new GR45 DT!

Tara Brown said...

Hi Robin, your projects are fantastic! I love the soft pastel vintage ones but also love the bold bright ones as well! All of these are exceptional and I love them!
Tara Brown

Lori said...

Your work is just amazing...I love everything. Congrats on making the top 25 and best of luck.

Nadya Tana Lifa said...

ADORE your projects! Good luck for you!!!

Trudi Harrison said...

**Swooning** Amazing projects with so much attention to detail. Big LOVE from me. Congratulations on making the Top 25

Debby Brown said...

Happy for you Robin! Congrats!
Deborah

Sharina said...

You have a little bit of everything here, great talent! Good luck!

Phyllis Howard said...

Best of luck to you! Wonderful creations!

Mary said...

I love your designs! You would be an asset to Graphic 45!