Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Monday, April 27, 2015

Altered Antique Book




Happy Monday!

I spent Sunday afternoon doing one of my favorite things...fussy cutting.  It led me down a path that I had wanted to go down for quite some time.  I altered an old book that my mother gave to me.  I used lots and lots of fun layers using images from Graphic 45's Sweet Sentiments, Time to Flourish, Botanical Tea, A Ladies' Diary and Once Upon a Springtime collections.  This just goes to show that keeping your scraps really pays off! lol.

I thought I would share a few photos I took along my journey.....


Here is where the journey began.  I had a few images cut for future projects and decided to add them to my book.


As the day went on my images began to take on a life of their own....


I added a sweet clock from the "A Ladies' Diary" collection.  These clocks have always been my favorite.



Here's the finished project close up.


A beautiful garden of Graphic 45 loveliness.  



Graphic 45 - Sweet Sentiments, Time to Flourish, Botanical Tea, A Ladies' Diary and Once Upon a Springtime collections
Ranger - Distress Ink - Dusty Concord, Gathered Twigs, Victorian Velvet, Mowed Lawn
Zip Dry Adhesive
Cutter Bee Detail Scissors


Enjoy this tutorial I created for this fun springtime project.

Check out How to Create an Altered Antique Book by Robin Shakoor on Snapguide.


Thanks for visiting with me today and I hope you enjoyed your visit. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed yourself today. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact" tab at the top of the page.





7 comments:

Pauline said...

Robin, this is absolutely AMAZING!
I can't image the amount if time this would of taken you, all the precise cutting around each blossom, unbelievable. This is truly a masterpiece!!

luv46kdz said...

Book altering is so much fun! Love your piece :)

Paula

Kathy Grigas said...

Robin this is STUNNING. Absolutely beautiful job.

Leslie G said...

This is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Dana said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful. Congratulations on being chosen to the Graphic 45 team.

shawneegal said...

Robin, this is my first visit to your blog and I must say this altered book is the most gorgeous thing ! What a "lot" of work went into the making but my, what a treasure.

Gail Mathot said...

So happy you returned to scrapbooking. Your work is spectacular and inspiring. Thank you!