Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, April 3, 2015

Graphic 45 Sweet Sentiments - Altered Metal Frame



You may have seen this as part of my Graphic 45 Design Team Audition post but I just had to give this project a special spotlight.  

This is probably one of my favorite altered projects to date.  The design of the Prima Metal Frame inspired me to create lots and lots of lovely layers.



Here you can see the detail of the layers and how I nestled the photo just inside of the frame.  I used the "Sweet Sentiments" collection from Graphic 45 because of the gorgeous images.  They fit perfectly with the photo.



I used a water distressing technique to turn my paper into draping for the inside of the frame.  I inked the edges with white liquid chalk ink.





I applied white liquid chalk ink to the frame to add highlights.  This is now one of my favorite new techniques to use on my projects.  I added a touch of glitter to the outside edges of the hearts just for a touch of shine.  I finished the frame by applying liquid pearl around the front edge of the frame.




Graphic 45 - Sweet Sentiments Collection, Botanical Tea Collection
Prima - Metal Frame, Flowers, Vintage Trinket
Petaloo - Small Flowers, Leaves
Zva Creative - Pearls
Viva Decor - Pearl Pen - Ice White
Stickles - Diamond
Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
Fiskars - Scallop Edge Scissors
Helmar's 450 Quick Dry Adhesive

Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact" tab at the top of the page.



3 comments:

Leslie G said...

Robin I will be so happy to see you on the G45 team again. I'm rooting for you and just know you will make it!!! This project is stunning. Thank you for sharing!

luv46kdz said...

Congrats on round 1 :) this piece is amazing!

Paula

Sandy said...

I am so in love with your work Robin. Anyone would be lucky to have you as part of their design team!!
sandy xx