Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Prima 2015-2016 Design Team Call

 
DesignteamcallBANNER3



Hello and welcome! 

This is my submission post for the 2015-2016 Prima Design Team Call.  

I have selected three craft arenas that really reflect my style.  I like to do a little bit of everything and love to explore new areas of crafting.

Please enjoy my submission projects and thank you for visiting with me today.

Craft Arena 2 - Layouts  

I have three layouts to share for this section.  The first was created for the Prima March Product Pick challenge.


I used soft blues, yellows, and greens to create a soft and airy feel for my layout.  I framed my photo using a Prima frame and a single piece of Prima patterned paper.  I created a textured background using a flourish stencil and light molding paste.  I then lightly sprayed my page with green and blue inks.


My second layout was created using Prima's beautiful Butterfly collection.  I added texture using molding paste and a large flourish stencil.  I then used an additional stencil to add soft circles around my page using ink.



Here you can see lots of fun layers and texture.


This next layout was fun to create.  I used Prima's Romance Novel collection which has deeper beautiful colors.  I added layer after layer of Prima goodies such as flowers, leaves, lettering and  Junkyard Findings Vintage Trinkets-Typo Zipper Pulls.


Craft Arena 3 -  Altered Projects, Home Decor, DIY Projects

I love to transform ordinary everyday items into something special.  My first altered project is an ornate picture frame.  I painted the inner portion of the frame using a mix of soft pink and cream acrylic paints.  I used the Fairy Belle collection to create embellishments to accent my photo.  I finished my design by adding a variety of Prima flowers along with a sweet metal sentiment from the Junkyard Findings collection.




My next project is a Prima altered metal stand.  I painted the stand white, then added liquid pearls and an array of embellishments.



The Butterfly collection provided the perfect color palette for my frame.  I cut several images from the patterned paper and used them to add bits of whimsy to my design. 



I created a textured background using light molding paste and a brick wall stencil.  Once dry, I applied pink and purple sprays then finished the look by applying diluted gesso to the wall, flowers and photo. I used silver micro beads to add texture to my Prima rose at the top of my frame.  I also added lilac colored liquid pearls around the outside of the frame. 


I added a sweet fairy right below the frame to make it appear as if she is floating.



The base of my next project features Prima's altered metal frame.  I fell in love with the shape of this frame and couldn't resist altering it even further.  I adorned my design with Prima flowers and a Junkyard Findings zipper pull.


Craft Arena 4 - Cards & Tags

I love making cards and tags and consider this one of my strongest areas.  I love to add dimension and interest to my projects and cards and tags are my mini canvases.  


I used the Prima Bedtime Story collection to create this one of a kind greeting card.  


This card is layered and here you can see how I used foam squares to pop up the paper.  I cut the diagonal pattern from the paper, saved the pieces and used them to create a fun third layer.



Here is a close up of both the bottom layer and upper layer of the card.  I added liquid pearls to both to add interest.



My card base uses the Prima Fairy Belle collection.  I just love the soft pattern of the paper. I love lots of layers and here I used doilies, die cuts, a resin embellishment, flowers and ribbon to add feminine touches to the card design. (Card Sketch: Cardabilities)



This tag was created using the Fairy Belle collection.  I layered flowers and embellishments around my fairy to make it appear as if she is coming out of a secret garden.



My final project is lovely tag with layers of flowers and embellishments.  I call this one mixed media light.  It has inking, watercolor paint and texturizing.  



I added jewels as well as a spool with pink and white twine.  I cut the spool in half, painted it white, then wrapped it with the twine.  Here you are able to see the textured flourish which I applied using molding paste.  I then  applied watercolor paint in a soft pink to make the flourish pop.

Here are a few projects which also show my design style.  Please enjoy the video.




Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity.



5 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Robin, I think your work is the best there is. Really love the layout with the Romance collection.

Lizzyc said...

Wow these are so amazing and so beautiful.. all the best with your application!

Kathy Grigas said...

Robin these projects are simply Stunning. Good luck with your Prima submission.

Arielle Berceau said...

Wow!!! What a gorgeous feast for the eyes this blog post is!! I really hope you make the team, your work is absolutely stunning!!

Crystal Thomas said...

Beautiful projects. Love the altered metal stand. Best of Luck with your submission for Prima design team