Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Monday, July 13, 2015

Beautiful Summer Cards with 2Crafty Chipboard




Hello everyone!  

I am happy to share my first projects as a member of the 2Crafty Chipboard Design Team.  I love creating soft, beautiful cards with an elegant flair. The cards I am sharing today are perfect for summer celebrations.   

"Congratulations"


Soft and dreamy, my first card is just perfect for a summer wedding.  I kept the color palette soft and light for the occasion.  Using white and soft pinks, I added dimension and texture to my plain white card base using beautiful 2Crafty Chipboard designs.




In keeping with my wedding theme, I kept the chipboard pieces light and white.  I used Gesso to prime each chipboard piece, then painted them white.  I painted the center of the Doily chipboard pink so my butterfly would stand out.  I applied glitter to the center of the butterfly and on the ends of the Georgian Frames to add a bit of shimmer.



To create my title, I used the "Congratulations" sentiment from the 6x6 Mixed Sentiment Card Words set.  I painted my title white and added a light layer of pink paint through the center.  Once dry, I added Glossy Accents to give it a beautiful finish.

I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard pieces on my card:

6x6 Mixed Sentiment Card Words

ATC Georgian Frames

Doilies

Sharon's Butterflies
"Welcome Little One"


What better way to welcome a new little one than with a custom card.  


I chose a light yellow color palette for this welcoming greeting card.  I selected swirly flourishes and leaves to accent my card sentiment.


I used Pan Pastels on the yellow flourish, butterflies and title.  I then added Glossy Accents to the yellow flourish, butterflies and title. I decided to let the green leafy shrub keep its mat to add contrast.

Here are the pieces of 2Crafty chipboard that I used for my "Welcome Little One" card:

Leafy Shrub Set 3

Sharon's Butterflies

Welcome Little One

Flourish Adornment Set 5
"I Love You"


My final card was created using an outer stair step design.  This design allows for greater dimension and fun surprises. 



This monochromatic design is romantic, light and airy.  


 I used several techniques on my Leafy Shrub chipboard piece.  I first primed all the pieces with Gesso.  I then used Inka Gold in Silver to add a subtle sparkly undertone to the leaves.  I then added Glossy Accents and accent layers of cream acrylic paint to the outer edges.

Here are the pieces of 2Crafty Chipboard that I used in my design:

Doilies

Sharon's Butterflies
Leafy Shrub Set 1
It has been a pleasure sharing my projects with you today.  Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit. If you have any questions, please click on the "Contact" tab at the top of the page.



No comments: