Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Friday, August 14, 2015

Cards of Celebration - 2Crafty Chipboard


Time to Celebrate Card Trio

Hello everyone!  I am here today with a fun card trio featuring 2Crafty Chipboard and Graphic 45's "Time to Celebrate" collection.  I thought it would be fun to create cards that celebrate the fun events in life.   

"Happy Birthday"


My first card shows just how effortlessly the clean finishes on the chipboard blends with the intricate design of the fussy cut papers and 3-D flowers.


I added a playful piece of circle chipboard to serve as a hoop for my little clown.  I used a circle from the "6" Circle Revolution" pieces which I covered with gesso and white paint.  I left the circle clean and white which goes well with the busy design elements which dance around the piece.



I used "Birthday Sentiments" to create my card title.  The title is a faint green color which was achieved by mixing white and green paint.

2Crafty products used:

Birthday Sentiments

6" Circle Revolution Frames

Leafy Shrub Set 1


"Celebrate"



I will be attending quite a few weddings this year and what better gift to give than a handmade card.  This particular bride is very sentimental, traditional and loves images from the past. 

I thought it would be beautiful for the lady to sit on top of the chipboard while her skirt cascades over the pieces.  I added just a few flowers as I wanted my chipboard combination to take center stage.


First, I primed each piece of chipboard using white Gesso. Once dry, I painted the chipboard ivory then applied glossy accents to give the chipboard pieces a shiny, smooth appearance.


I added liquid pearls and fussy cut flowers to finish my design.

2Crafty products used:


Doilies

Cassie's Flourishes

6" Circle Revolution


"Let's Party!"


My final card is definitely a favorite.  I love using I used "Chicken Barbed Wire -Small" 
chipboad as my part of my card base. 


I primed the chicken wire using white gesso. Once dry, I applied a green shimmer spray.


I painted my leaf using two shades of green to create a shading effect.  I intertwined the paper leaves with the chipboard for added texture.  To finish my design added a butterfly from  "Sharon's Butterflies" which was painted white then lightly inked.

2Crafty products used for this card:

Sharon's Butterflies

Chicken Barbed Wire Small

Leafy Shrub Set 2


You can find 2Crafty's Facebook page by clicking here to see daily inspiration.


It has been a pleasure sharing my August projects with you today.

Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit.



2 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

Robin-these are gorgeous! Love the polka dot paper in the 1st card, then the black outlined frame and green paper in the 2nd card. Happy Friday!

Nadya Tana Lifa said...

I love every your creations!!!