Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Royal Menagerie Card with Tutorial



Hello everyone!  

Today I have a beautiful card and tutorial for you.  I used Prima's "Royal Menagerie" collection to create this lovely summer card.




I added texture to the background of my card base using the 6x6 Fluttering Flowers stencil and light paste.


I finished my design with scalloped punch designs, pearls and crystals.

Prima Supplies:

582449 – Royal Menagerie – Tags and Tickets, 583354 – Royal Menagerie Diana Flowers, 583293 - Royal Menagerie – Louise Flowers, 576226 – Epiphany - Say it in Crystals, 582340 - Royal Menagerie – Cling Stamps, 579500 – Garden Fable – Tag Me, 579890 – Fluttering Flowers Stencil, 847425 - Royal Menagerie – Penny for Your Thoughts – 12x12, 961404 – Light Paste Opaque Matte


Here is a tutorial for you if you would like to create this card on your own.

1.  Create a 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" card base using white card stock.  Create a 5" x 7" mat using Royal Menagerie "Penny for Your Thoughts."


2.  Cover mat with 579890 – Fluttering Flowers Stencil and spread light paste across the stencil.  Allow to dry.


3.  Adhere mat to the center of the card base.


4.  Begin to layer flowers from the 583354 – Royal Menagerie Diana Flowers pack to the left side of the card.


5.  Select a rectangular and circular tag from the 579500 Garden Fable – Tag Me collection.  Stamp “Darling” sentiment from the 582340 - Royal Menagerie – Cling Stamps set. Add twine to the top of each tag.  Adhere the circular tag to the rectangular tag using dimensional foam adhesive.


6.  Add tags to the right, center of the card just beside the flower cluster.  Tie two bows using the extra twine, add to the center of each tag.


7.  Using 582340 - Royal Menagerie – Cling Stamps set, stamp two butterflies onto vellum, trim.  Adhere to the flowers as shown.


8.  Punch three strips using a decorative punch.


9.  Adhere strips together in a staggered design.


10. Trim strips and adhere to the lower, right side of the card.


11.  Using decorative scissors, cut a scalloped strip.


12.  Add strip as shown, then add liquid pearls to the strip.  To finish the design scatter crystals throughout the card design.




Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit.



1 comment:

Sandy said...

Gorgeous - absolutely wonderful! I have long admired your talent. Thanks for the tutorial -- I am lost with how to go about all this texture stuff!
Sandy xx