Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Saturday, December 26, 2015

Holiday Fun!



I can't believe how quickly the holidays came and went.  Parties, projects and just the rush of the season.  I wanted to share a few projects made using Graphic 45's "A Christmas Carol" collection.
I used a postcard themed ephemera card as the focal point for my card.  I layered patterned papers behind the postcard to create added dimension.



  I added holly leaves using images from “Graceful Garland” patterned paper and die cuts. 


I created two banners and adhered them to the left side of my photo.  I finished my design by adding flowers, which I trimmed in gold, red liquid pearls and a chipboard sentiment


A Christmas Carol – 8x8 Pad - 4501193
A Christmas Carol – 6x6 Patterns and Solids - 4501193
A Christmas Carol – Scrooge and Marley - 4501192
A Christmas Carol – Graceful Garland - 4501186
A Christmas Carol – Figgy Pudding - 4501187
A Christmas Carol – Decorative Chipboard – 4501197
A Christmas Carol – Ephemera Cards – 4501200
Viva Décor – Pearl Pen – Red
Prima – A Victorian Christmas Flowers
Memory Box Die
Ranger – Stickles – Gold



I used the Graphic 45 window box frame to create a festive 3-D holiday display.  I added loads of holiday and floral embellishments to bring my project to life. I covered the frame with patterned paper from “A Christmas Carol” and trimmed the panes with a pearl strand. I added a bottle brush tree behind my focal image which truly adds a touch of holiday spirit.



A Christmas Carol – Christmas Carol - 4501185
A Christmas Carol – Graceful Garland - 4501186
A Christmas Carol – Bah Humbug - 4501189
A Christmas Carol – Seasonal Sentiments - 4501190
A Christmas Carol – Scrooge and Marley – 4501192
A Christmas Carol – Figgy Pudding - 4501187
A Christmas Carol – Ephemera Cards - 4501200
Staples – Window Shadow Box – Ivory – 4501026
Staples – Claw Feet - 4501027
Tim Holtz – Bottle Brush Tree
Craft Supply – Pearl Strand
Prima – A Victorian Christmas Flowers and Leaves
Ranger – Distress Ink – Fired Brick, Forest Moss



I created this tag using a tag from the large ivory tag album.  I started my design by adding liquid pearls to the edges of the tag.  Once dry, I inked the tag using Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  I cut my focal image from the “Christmas Carol” sheet and added an ephemera card to serve as my sentiment.   I added wire edge ribbon, which I wrapped around a pencil, to the top of my tag to give it a bit of whimsy.   To finish my design I added layers of flowers, leaves and ribbon.



Use fun wire edge ribbon to create textured shapes to your tags this holiday season.


Graphic 45 - A Christmas Carol – Christmas Carol – 4501185
Graphic 45 - A Christmas Carol – Ephemera Cards – 4501200
Graphic 45 – Staples – Large Ivory Tag Album – 4500849
Viva Décor – Pearl Pen
Ranger – Distress Ink – Scattered Straw, Peacock Feathers, Vintage Photo
Wire Edge Ribbon – Craft Supply
Prima – Flowers, Berries and Leaves


I altered an 8x8 Matchbook box to create a lighted shadow box.  I used the “A Christmas Carol” 8x8 paper pad to alter the box.  I left the kraft coloring for a vintage feel.  I cut several images from the papers and used them as focal points and embellishments.  I added a fun little bottle brush tree to the inside of the box along with string lights so the beautiful images could be illuminated.



Add fun and unexpected items to your altered projects.  This time of year, pieces of garland or berries can be used to accentuate your design for a fun and festive look.


Graphic 45 – A Christmas Carol – 8x8 Pad (Scrooge and Marley, Christmas Carol) - 4501194 
Graphic 45 – A Christmas Carol – 6x6 Pad – 4501193
Graphic 45 – A Christmas Carol – Chipboard 2 - 4501197
Graphic 45 – Staples – 8x8 Matchbook Box - 4500543
Viva Décor – Pearl Pen – Red
Ranger Distress Ink – Mowed Lawn, Peacock Feathers, Scattered Straw
Bottle Brush Tree
String Lights
Flowers and Berries



I kept the design simple only using a single sheet of paper, a chipboard button and ribbon.  I trimmed each tag with a liquid pearl design.  I cut simple images from “Figgy Pudding” and added a chipboard button which was tied with a bow.



Graphic 45 – A Christmas Carol – 8x8 Pad (Figgy Pudding) - 4501194
Graphic 45 – A Christmas Carol – Journaling Chipboard - 4501198
Graphic 45 – Artist Trading Tags – Ivory – 4500846
Viva Décor – Pearl Pen – Red
Ranger Distress Ink – Scattered Straw
American Crafts – Jute
Craft Supply – Wire Edge Ribbon

Thanks for visiting with me today. Please leave me a comment to let me know how you enjoyed your visit.



1 comment:

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

Love your work Robin. Beautiful and inventive. G45 lucky to get you!!!