Color Philosophy Inks

Prima has a brand new ink line called Color Philosophy. The colors are amazing and the selection of colors will keep you in crafting heaven.

My Prima Planner - In the Moment

Here is my "In the Moment" planner all dolled up for January.

Read More

My Prima Planners

Have you gotten your new My Prima Planner? They are absolutely amazing!

Frank Garcia's Memory Hardward

I created a lovely photo album using Prima's Memory Hardware journal. Click the "read more" tab to see the entire album.

Read More

Christine Adolph Stamps

I love to use stamping to add interest and texture to my crafting projects. I will be sharing my latest project using Prima's new Christine Adolph stamps.

Read More

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Prima's April Build-a-Page Sketch



The build-a-page sketch for April is now live on the Prima blog and it is absolutely amazing! While this is not a card sketch, I used it as inspiration to create a pair of layered cards.

Take a look at this gorgeous sketch:





"Raise your hand if you like pages with more than one photo! Don't get us wrong...one photo pages are amazing, but sometimes it is quite satisfying to squeeze a few more pics on the page. This month's Build-A-Page sketch has room for at least three photos, a title, and journaling...all necessities for a great layout. BUT, did you check out the background? Riikka gave us so many fantastic elements on her sketch this month! You could use pastes or sprays, watercolor or stencils, or anything else your creative mind can come up with to create that beautiful, artistic backdrop!"


I was inspired by the beautiful flowers in the "Tales of You and Me" collection to design these cards full of lovely layers.  I layered various papers from the collection on the base of the cards.  

Next, I began to layer wooden flourishes, flowers and art stones to create dimension.  I finished the cards by adding white gesso to my embellishments to add highlights.



Prima Supplies: 991074 – Tales of You & Me – 8x8 Paper Pad, 583675 – Tales of You & Me – Ephemera, 586263 Tales of You & Me Flowers - Moi aussi, Je t'aime, 586256 - Tales of You & Me Flowers - Je t'aime, 586348 - Tales of You & Me Flowers – Sweet Little Notes, 582074 - Nikko - Chiko, 963705 – Art Ingredients – Art Stones, 961442 – Art Basics – Heavy Gesso, 961381 – Art Basics – 3D Gloss Gel, 963132 – Art Alchemy Acrylic Paint – Metallique Wild Fuchsia, 580278 – Color Bloom Spray – Boysenberry, 890940 – Distressing Tool

Thanks so much for visiting with me today.



1 comment:

S. Olivette said...

Great Job!!! Love the colors, textures and grunge (not too much, not too little). Thank you for sharing your talent.